I will be convening a workshop on the social and political thought of J. S. Mill at the MANCEPT Workshops in Political Theory 2013. Please find details of the Workshop below. Would scholars interested in presenting a paper send me their paper proposals (email@example.com) by 15 May 2013? Proposals should be about 200 words.
Papers may be on any aspect of J. S. Mill’s work. Topics may include among others:
– J. S. Mill, Jeremy Bentham and James Mill;
– J. S. Mill’s refinement of utilitarianism;
– What is J. S. Mill’s “one very simple principle”?
– What is the major concern of J. S. Mill’s “On Liberty”?
– Mill and Socialism.
– Mill and Feminism.
– Mill and freedom of expression.
– J. S. Mill and Alexis de Tocqueville.
– J. S. Mill and representative government.
MANCEPT Workshops have between 3 and 12 paper-givers and, depending on the number of papers, each workshop can have up to 4 sessions which can last 3 and a half hours. Each paper should be up to 30 minutes, upon which usually follows a 30-minute discussion. For details of the MANCEPT Workshops in Political Theory 2013 please visit http://manceptworkshops2013.wordpress.com.
Dr. Evangelia Sembou
Convenor, Political Thought Specialist Group of the Political Studies Association of the United Kingdom